Saturday, October 8th, 2016
2:00pm to 6:00pm
Shinn Historic Park
1251 Peralta Blvd, Fremont, CA 94536
Love Niles? Love Beer? Love Music? Want to help fund Niles Main Street Association for 2017 and beyond, and provide food and gifts for children, seniors, and families in need during the holidays? Then rush to get your tickets for the second Niles Oktoberfest on October 8th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm, to be held in the charming front garden of Niles’ historic Shinn House, located in Shinn Park on Peralta Blvd.
Come see this Niles treasure. The history books say it once stood near Niles Third Street Park and Shinn Pond. It was later moved across the creek where it served as the Shinn family home until it was donated as a park in the 1960’s.
“I wouldn’t miss the Niles Oktoberfest & fully sanction the event!!” — Jo Pascal, honorary 2015 Niles Mayor and Queen of Niles (Jo won her title at the 2015 Niles Crabfeed
Don’t miss this unique and entertaining beer tasting experience with fascinating and humorous stories of the history of beer making!
Your ticket includes:
- A complimentary 12oz beer glass or an event wine glass
- One glass of the craft beers offered at the Oktoberfest, or a glass of the featured wines
- Games & chances to win prizes – Toss The Sausage, Beer Stein Holding & more
- Entry into an event drawing with a special Oktoberfest prize
- Live music & dancing with two bands, the Newark Sax Quartet and Funkelweizen
Tickets are limited! This event will sell out! Buy your tickets now!
This event is recommended for adults over 21 years of age. Every attendee over 1 year requires a ticket, and IDs will be checked at the door.
Proceeds benefit Niles Main Street Association, and the City of Fremont Giving Hope program to help children, seniors, and families in need. Both are registered 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, and donations are tax deductible.
A free shuttle service will run from Joe’s Corner, at Niles Blvd & J Street, to and from the event. The shuttle ride takes 10 minutes, and runs:
- To the event: from 1:45pm to 3:30pm
- From the event: from 5:00pm to 6:15pm
A Silent Auction will be held at the event, with some great prizes! Check back here closer to the event to see a list of the prizes that will be available.
- Additional food and beverages will be available for purchase at the event.
- German food provided by The Nile Cafe: hot pretzels, and bratwurst sandwich plates (each plate including a bottle of water)
- Local craft beers
- Raffle tickets will be available for purchase for multiple prizes.
Sponsorship and Support
Show presented by Niles Main Street Association & City of Fremont.
The following businesses and organizations have generously sponsored this event. Without them, Niles’ Oktoberfest would not be possible. Thank you!
Main Event Sponsors
Shuttle provided by: The Lambert Family of Niles
Thanks also to our many volunteers and donors, including many local Niles businesses, area breweries and businesses, beer lovers, and the generous fun-loving people who have come together to provide the great selection of beer, food, prizes, German culture, and entertainment to be showcased at this event!
For more information on this event, contact Rae Steckler, Kirsten Brice, or Han Trinh; or call Monica Dominguez at 510-574-2057.
For more info on Niles’ historic Shinn House and Shinn Family go to: http://missionpeakreporter.org/shinn-estate.php
Contact Jane O’Hollaren for more information: 510-574-2026 or email@example.com